Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fed Up Big Time with Idea Cellular - Part 2

Continuing with the part one. This is what happened on the next day (i.e. on the morning of 5th March 2010)

In the morning again I received an SMS saying my services are barred for lack of payment. And indeed my outgoing calls were barred. GPRS was already barred. That was too much for me. So here is the 2nd email that I sent to Idea Cellular, to the same addresses. This company doesnt reply to any mails you write, neither does it have a mechanism to escalate the issue to somebody at higher position, like a nodal officer. You are absolutely at their mercy.

=======================================================================================
"I was expecting to get an official reply on this. But I didnt.

Now my outgoing calls are again barred. Second time since yesterday. And this is it for me.
You will spend crores on advertisements but you wont care a dime about long term postpaid customers who are regularly paying you at a higher rates than normal. In fact you will go out of your way to trouble them like anything. Nice business strategy.

I am a hell of a disgruntled customer now who used to be immensely loyal just a week ago. And I am not coming back. But ofcourse you dont care.

Please discontinue my GPRS service. I will confirm about discontinuing this number altogether in next few days.
I hope to get back the deposit that I paid at the time of getting this lifetime connection.

Shreyas Kulkarni
Sr Software Engineer,
XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX, Pune
Cell: +NN N NN NN NN NNN"
=======================================================================================

Then in an hour or two, I got a call from an XXX lady who worked at Idea's Sharada Centre office in Pune. She apologized literlly 100 times which was gross and unnecessory. When you have an irritated customer due to *your* fault, apologizing doesnt work. To cool him down, you should take corrective action and then convey the same. Apologies wouldnt bring my GPRS up again, nor would I be able to use those apologies to make calls.

She did tell me action is being take to correct the system and this problem wont occur in future. She also promised me a reply to the mail. I asked her to acknowledge the problem in the reply. And I guess that made her all nervous and I didnt get the reply! It's plain irresponsible and fraudulant to know that a customer has suffered from your own mistake and still not be open enough to accept the problem and commit root-cause resolution. I just dont trust these guys anymore.

My outgoing calls resumed in an hour but GPRS was still down by 4pm. So I wrote another mail clarifying the fact that mere apologizing and giving wordly promises wont work. I didnt mean to sound cocky but I wanted to send a message, loud and clear, that however sweet and sugary you talk, I wont take this sir-system-is-that-way BS again in future. I am paying hefty charges for the service and it's not wrong if I demand quality, reliability and some sense in return.

Here is the third mail -

=======================================================================================
"I did get a call in the afternoon from XXXX (Sharada Centre office). I was assured that the services will be restored and the system will changed to consider my GPRS prepayment.

My outgoing calls have resumed, but the GPRS is still down. And I was promised a reply to this mail, which is still missing. Please reply.

I am holding up my plans of switching the service provider on the precondition of immediate resumption of my services (both voice and data) and no reoccurance of this same issue in the future. And for that, I would like to have a written acknowledgement of the problem and a written assurance mentioning this issue wont occur in future. If the fix in the system is going tot take time, I would like to know how much. I have had (and still having) too much of an unnecessory trouble to trust any wordly assurances.

And please let me know by when I can expect my GPRS service to resume.

Shreyas Kulkarni
Sr Software Engineer,
XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX, Pune
Cell: +NN N NN NN NN NNN"
=======================================================================================


No comments: