Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Long Time No See

Unbelievable as it seems to me, it has been only one blogpost throughout this whole year. That's what meeting a girl does to you, I guess. 

Had a pleasantly turbulent year so far, with loads of things happening on personal as well as work front and though a few exhilarating treks, climbs and travels happened in between, I hardly got any time to sit down and pen them down. Life can sometimes get way too hectic, even though pleasantly at that. 

Lots of things happened. Went to Junnar for a couple of days, and had some awesome solo treks around the Louvre of Sahyadri's -> the Naane Ghat. Met some really warm people, and had some quality experience around. 

Then came the giant - a long term dream -> Lingana. With a group of friends - 3 of them, on our own, with 2 leading alternately. One of the best feelings so far, once on the top of that fort. 

And then some things that were running parallel to all this, for some time, materialized, and brought along some major upheavals in my personal life. Met a girl, fell in love, got married; and it didn't end there. Changed jobs. Changed city. Moved to Bangalore. 
All three things - marital status, job and city changed one after the other within the span of merely a month. 

It doesn't come easy. I can tell you that. Coping with all three fronts in parallel, simultaneously, takes its toll, and then things like climbing, trekking, photography, blogging, take a backseat, while you are busy living the new life and catching up with the times. Even a drive from Pune to Bangalore, which otherwise would have been worth writing about, for the sake of experiences and memories, becomes a writing-liability and fades away over time. 

Now that it's a little stabilized, I have decided to find some time out, and write down all those memories of Naane Ghat and Jeevdhan, Chavand and Shivneri, the Lingana climb and the wildfire, the Hampi trip and the relaxing swim in the Tungabhadra, and Mysore experiences. 

The photos I took there, are begging to be processed and made part of a narrative that will hopefully remind me of these wonderful times I spent with my friends, with my girl, and even alone. It's for that time in the future, when my memory would want to fade away, and carry these priceless moments with it, why I want to note it all down. 

Precious moments. 

1 comment:

Aniruddha Vaidya said...

Waiting for those upcoming posts :)